Getting Rid of Bathroom Mold St Louis
If you’ve got moisture in your bathroom or have had water damage in your house due to a burst pipe, a roof leak or a heavy summer storm you may get mold. Bathroom mold in particular can be a homeowner’s worst fear. Mold grows in various different colors. Typically mold grows in damp, dark places, usually areas that do not see much sunlight.
This is why bathrooms are primary habitats. Mold St Louis often begins in the corners of a bathroom where moisture has collected: the windows of a bathroom, the 90 degree angle of the shower – where the wall meets the vanity, or the upper corner above the bathtub are all common areas.
Cleaning Mold in Your Bathroom
Mold needs food and moisture to live. Most of the mold spores floating around inside your house end up not finding food and water, and so simply die. But the lucky mold spore that finds food and water will start to grow and reproduce like crazy, creating an interconnected network.
Bathroom Mold Checklist
- Fix leaking pipe and sink faucets.
- Double check for other leaks in plumbing. Including the shower head, tub faucet, and even the handles behind the wall.
- Check the floor for any cracks in tile or missing grout which can lead to water leaks and even soak into the drywall as well.
- Install a fan to ventilate the air in the bathroom. Some people already have a fan but don’t use it. Be sure to let the people in your house know that turning on the fan is an important part of using the bathroom when showering.
- Have a regular schedule for tidying your bathroom.
- Use cleaning products that eliminate or prevent mold. Your choice may depend on how green you want your products to be. Harsh chemicals can definitely do the job but they may not be the best long term approach. Natural cleansers can be used to kill the mold spores
- Eliminate odor and deodorize the the “funky” bathroom mold smell that can build up.
- If you look at many of the older bathrooms they may have cracks and crevices in the calk that surrounds the bathtub, sink and toilet.
- Make sure ventilation is clean and working properly.
- Ensure behind the toilet does not get neglected – especially if the toilet is directly next to the shower.
Mold is everywhere-tiny spores float in the air indoors and out. Mold is a fact of life, but too much exposure can wreak havoc on your immune system. Even a small mold outbreak can spew millions of tiny mold spores throughout your home. As a homeowner, you need to identify and address whether you have a mold issue. When mold growth starts cleanup costs increase significantly. Mold grows quickly! If you have moisture in your home or office call Pride Cleaning & Restoration NOW. Get it Dry ASAP!
Call Pride Cleaning & Restoration at 314.664.8844 or 618-288-2828